Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > Technical Discussion > The Shop

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 01-05-2008, 12:22 AM   #1
nick

nick I need rep points!
Default Machine shops..

I need some port work done to a pair of heads, the guy I was going to go to is looking to be backed up till summer. Anyone know of any good machine shops that can take care of these?

I live down the street from D&S in troy, I've heard the shop is a bunch of hacks, but the head guy is damn good, can anyone else expand on this?
nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Fryguy302
SPOOLED UP!
Administrator

Fryguy302 I need rep points!

What kind of heads are they? I think it matter, some shops have already done R&D on certain heads, and have learned how to make them work. If it's just a mild clean up, almost any shop can do it.
Unread 01-05-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
nick

nick I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy302
What kind of heads are they? I think it matter, some shops have already done R&D on certain heads, and have learned how to make them work. If it's just a mild clean up, almost any shop can do it.
Brand new victor jr's for a windsor that's getting a 410 lower end. The heads were somewhat done by the guy I bought them off, they've got triple springs good for .600 lift and it looks like the ports did get smoothed a very small bit, just on the outermost part tho.

Also I don't know if it would be worth the money but I was going to take them the intakes as well to have them matched and smoothed out a little, those are both Victor efi intakes. I assumed it would be worth it but a second opinion would be much welcomed.
Unread 01-05-2008, 02:21 PM   #4
Fryguy302
SPOOLED UP!
Administrator

Fryguy302 I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick
Brand new victor jr's for a windsor that's getting a 410 lower end. The heads were somewhat done by the guy I bought them off, they've got triple springs good for .600 lift and it looks like the ports did get smoothed a very small bit, just on the outermost part tho.

Also I don't know if it would be worth the money but I was going to take them the intakes as well to have them matched and smoothed out a little, those are both Victor efi intakes. I assumed it would be worth it but a second opinion would be much welcomed.

I know the port guy at Livernois has a good program for those heads, and also Ron Sharp can do a good job with them.

I also know a guy who runs a pair of those BONE STOCK out of the box on a 410ci windsor, he posts on here under "NitrousRick" sometimes. He goes like 10.30's on motor and 9.40's on the spray with no port work at all. He does have a custom cam though.
Unread 01-07-2008, 07:11 AM   #5
357windsor
Drowning in trans fluid

357windsor I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy302
I know the port guy at Livernois has a good program for those heads, and also Ron Sharp can do a good job with them.

I also know a guy who runs a pair of those BONE STOCK out of the box on a 410ci windsor, he posts on here under "NitrousRick" sometimes. He goes like 10.30's on motor and 9.40's on the spray with no port work at all. He does have a custom cam though.
I thought Ron worked at Roush now. I thought I saw that a while ago on the NMRA board. I also need to get a hold of him to see if he can repair a set of cylinder heads.
357windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:52 PM   #6
Detroit Gearbox

Detroit Gearbox I need rep points!

If you live right by D&S, just up Rochester to the south is some strip buildings. In the back is Total Flow Products. Its owned by a guy named cheatz sanches (spelling). Eric is one of his employees that I know.
All they do is cly heads for racing... lots of top fuel customers.
My next door neighbor used to work there....not sure where he ports heads now.
Ill try and find out and post his #. He really does excellent work.
Detroit Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:53 PM   #7
Detroit Gearbox

Detroit Gearbox I need rep points!

i ment to say to the north
Detroit Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #8
nick

nick I need rep points!

Which side of the street? I think the ones you are talking about are the west side of rochester?

If I get some free time I might just go in and see if they can give me any advice. I cannot decide which cam to go with. I want to do a blower next season if I can afford it and possibly spray, but I am not sure at all.

EDIT: I just found their website. http://totalflowproducts.com/