Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > Member Services > Classifieds

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 10-20-2005, 11:38 AM   #1
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me
Exclamation ***FOR SALE*** 1999 SVT Cobra

This is car #289 of 4040 made in the 1999 Production year. Pix and plenty of info on my car can bee seen here http://crazzy_al.gotstang.com and you can scroll down and select other pages there, for more detailed info.

Here is a brief write-up of the just the “mods” done to this car and what those “mods” cost at retail price.

PERFORMANCE MODS:
Solid Axle Swap…Retail = $900.00
Motorsport Headers…Retail = $240.00
Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust…Retail = $525.00
Bassani Off-Road X-Pipe…Retail = $369.00
4:10 Gears…Retail = $150.00
NX Wet Nitrous Kit…Retail = $550.00
NOS Bottle Warmer…Retail = $120.00
NOS Purge…Retail = $79.00
Autometer (Electric) Oil Pressure Gauge…Retail = $58.99
Autometer (Electric) Fuel Pressure Gauge…Retail = $189.99
Autometer (Electric) Nitrous Pressure Gauge…Retail = $209.99
Autometer 3 pod A-Pillar | MSD Window Switch…Retail = $143.00
80mm PRO-M Mass Air Sensor and Cold Air Intake…Retail = $315.00
Tokico Rear Lowering Springs and Tokico 5-Way Adjustable Rear Shocks…Retail = $750.00 for the kit all around, the car has Tokicos out back only, so figure half of that is $375.00
Pro Form Upper Control Arms…Retail = $69.99
D&D Adjustable Front Coilovers…Retail = $219.95
FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft…Retail = $269.00
Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw Shifter…Retail = $249.00
Custom burned Chip and Dyno Tune…Retail = $450.00
Motorsport Clutch…Retail = $229.00
Hurst Line-Loc…Retail = $85.00
Drilled and Slotted Rotors…Retail = $200.00
Brand new NITTO Drag Radial Rear Tires for the stock wheels…Retail = $350.00
Harlan Blue LED shift light…Retail = $79.00

Subtotal on just these performance mods add up to $6,425.91 at retail.

AUDIO/VIDEO GOODIES:
Pioneer AVIC-N1 DVD/CD/MP3 6.5" with TFT active-matrix LCD monitor and GPS navigation…Retail = $1999.99
Directed (DEI) DV2605 - Slot DVD Player with TV Tuner…Retail = $250.00
Directed (DEI) Subwoofer Amp 1500D…Retail = $599.99
Directed (DEI) Component Amp 300/2 (For Front Components) …Retail = $249.99
Directed (DEI) Component Amp 300/2 (For Rear Components) …Retail = $249.99
Directed (DEI) Viper 881XV 2-Way Security and Remote Start System with Responder…Retail = $499.99
Directed (DEI) Subwoofer 12" CompX 5122…Retail = $369.99 (In a custom SPL box) …Retail = $200.00
Polk MOMO Components MMC6500 (Front) …Retail = $269.99
Polk MOMO Components MMC6500 (Back) …Retail = $269.99
Optima "Yellow-Top" Battery…Retail = $169.95
Xstatic BatCap 800…Retail = $179.00
Misc. Wiring and Connections…Retail = $410.00

Subtotal on just these Audio/Video mods add up to $5,718.87 at retail.

COSMETIC MODS:
CHROME 2000+ Saleen Replica 18x9's up front and 18x10.5's out back
Falken 265-35-18 up front, and 285-35-18 out back on the Saleens …Retail = $2800.00 for wheels and tires
Custom one-off rear seat delete kit = $300.00
Tinted Windows…Retail = $180.00
2003 Cobra Headlights…Retail = $159.00
2001 "COBRA" bumber (vs the "MUSTANG" bumber that came on the 1999's) = $359.00 (not including what prep and paint would cost)
Stainless Steel, Polished (Chrome) 20 gauge COBRA bumber inserts from UPR = $39.99
Tinted Black Taillights…Retail = $10.00 in paint
Lowered Suspension (see Performance Mods)
Painted RED Brake Calipers…Retail = $10.00 in paint
Cobra Grille Emblem…Retail = $25.00
n2o purge out of the Cobra's mouth
Factory spoiler has been moved back ~4”

Subtotal on just these Cosmetic mods add up to $3,882.99 at retail.

Retail price for just the “mods” included with the car total up to $16,027.77

Now, keep in mind that I did not pay full retail price for everything on the car, but you can see what It might cost do build the exact same setup if you did indeed have to pay retail or close to retail for everything. Also take into account that there is NO labor prices listed anywhere on here, so expect to add quite a bit more to the “build cost” if had to pay to have any of it done professionally. Some of the things I installed myself, some of the things I had to pay to get done.

The car is in pristine condition with less than 57,000 miles on her, the car has NEVER seen snow or salt and was caught in the rain once for about 10 miles. The next day the underside of the car was fully detailed and dried as was any other part of the car that might have been hit by rain.

The car runs incredibly strong and has had it’s oil changed no more than every 2500 miles. The car has also been a Full Synthetic Mobil 1 car since brand new also. The trans fluid was changed less than 5000 miles ago. I have every receipt, service write-up, certificate, original window sticker, owner’s manual, 2 sets of keys, the 1999 Cobra Booklet you get from the dealership, etc, you name it, on this car. (a large, over-flowing and fat Fed-Ex envelope full of info on the car) While the car does have an NX Wet n2o system installed on it, the car has NEVER been sprayed. The car ran high 12’s with the previous owner, while still equipped with the IRS and on street tires (Kumho 245-45-17) but he was kind enough to keep the time slips and dyno runs for his own sentimental reasons. Who knows what the car is capable of now? I do NOT have time slips of my own to confirm these numbers.

There are no rips and very few wrinkles in the leather. Nearly every person that has seen the inside of my car has commented on how they can’t believe what good shape my interior is in. The interior has ZERO burn marks anywhere in the car and the ashtray and factory cigarette lighter have NEVER been used. The car also comes with the factory, Grey painted, Alloy 5-star SVT wheels with brand new 275-40-17 Nitto Drag Radials mounted on the rear wheels and 245-45-17 Kuhmo tires with 75% tread left mounted on the front wheels. You’ll be hard pressed to find a 1999 Cobra in this good of shape and this well taken car of anywhere. I also still have the rear seats and everything needed to put them back in to factory settings.

I'm looking for $20,000.00 for how the car sits now and am willing to negotiate on the price depending on what you do and don't want to leave on the car. If I pull the wheels and A/V system, and put the factory stuff back on, I'll take $15,000 for the car. NADA Blue Book value on this car IN BONE STOCK FORM is $15,375.00

Before you ask why I'm getting rid of it, I'll just tell you. I almost never drive this car. While I do love this car and take AWESOME care of it, it doesn't make sence for me to keep it. Hell, I bought it on 7-18-2004 and have only put roughly 5000 miles on the car. I'm probably going to look into a Diesel Excusion when I sell this vehicle. That way I can customize that vehicle to my liking and actually be able to drive it year round.

Low, Loud, and "Stormtroopered"...and slow.
MPH.cc / Team MPH

Last edited by Crazzy_Al; 10-20-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Crazzy_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2005, 11:41 AM   #2
BigWheelinBubba

BigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributor

Sorry to hear you're selling it

Maybe you should consider waiting til spring when people are really looking for sports cars.
Unread 10-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

Here's a preview of what the car looks like.

I strongly suggest that you do check out http://crazzy_al.gotstang.com for more pix and info.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 10-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #4
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Click here http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17578 for some non-bias comments from local guys who has seen and driven in my car.

Thanks.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 10-20-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
Lisa
This is my title!

Lisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like me

Wow, you're really going to sell it. Good luck with the sale Al! It is a very nice, clean car.
Unread 10-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #6
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Wow, you're really going to sell it. Good luck with the sale Al! It is a very nice, clean car.
Yup! Thanks.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 10-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #7
ToolBox
Made in Detroit!
Supporting Member

ToolBox I need rep points!

Don't do it!!!

Every time I sell a toy I end up going through major regret than I want to buy it back. I still looking for a Lightning to replace the one I had a few years back.
ToolBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2005, 04:49 PM   #8
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolBox
Don't do it!!!

Every time I sell a toy I end up going through major regret than I want to buy it back. I still looking for a Lightning to replace the one I had a few years back.
I'll just get rid of this one and I could always do up another one at a later date.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 10-20-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

And yes, of course, the recall know as "the fix" was done back in 1999 on this car. I have all the docs, certs, and dyno charts to prove all of that also!!!

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 10-25-2005, 06:44 AM   #10
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

ttt

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 10-31-2005, 01:23 AM   #11
redxtcy

redxtcy I need rep points!

Good luck sellin!!!
redxtcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2005, 08:40 AM   #12
357windsor
Drowning in trans fluid

357windsor I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolBox
Don't do it!!!

Damn wish I bought that truck!
357windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2005, 10:25 PM   #13
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxtcy
Good luck sellin!!!
Thanks.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 11-07-2005, 06:12 PM   #14
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

ttt

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 11-21-2005, 08:24 PM   #15
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Now asking $19,000 and $14,000 depending on what you want and don't want on the car. Revert back to the first post for more clarification. Thanks.

MPH.cc / Team MPH