Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > Videos and Members Rides

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
2.2viper

2.2viper I need rep points!
Grin street videos of my r/t in port huron

hi guys, i am new to this board, but have been a member of [COLOR=#008000]www.xceedspeed.com www.turbo-mopar.com and www.turbododge.com for a few years.

anyways, i just moved to sterling heights from port huron (where the videos are from) but i used to live in warren and am familiar with the old 8 mile and mound and french gatherings. so i am looking for the gatherings in my area (m59 and van dyke).

my street car is a 91' dodge spirit R/T (1 of 1208 made) and has a 2.2L fully forged bottom end and a lotus designed 16 valve head wit a stock T3 garret turbo and intercooler. they were rated at 224 whp/14.6 1/4 stock.
i have done alot of suspension mods, weight transfering and some minor weight shaving along with a posi grip lsd in the trans. for the hp mods it has a stg 1 ecu 15psi, a full 3" from the turbo back with no muffler , cold air intake, wires, blow off valve and is built to handle up to 40psi of boost with a big turbo, big front mount intercooler, bigger injectors, wideband monitoring and some methanol injection (should have all that on by next spring).

well i figured i would post some videos before you guys flame me as a ricer, i'm not, i love v8's and own a 66 pontiac with a 389bb but these little 4cyl turbos are cheap on gas and modding and can be made into a 10sec car, so this is what i am racing/building for now.

it has a best at milan of 13.7 on street tires and 13.1 on slicks, so its not a slouch, i dont usually race anything smaller than a v8 unless its turbo, but most of my races are against v8's.
here is a vid of in my r/t vs. a 82 firebird 383 stroker 4bbl spraying 150 shot from 0-85mph. it was a good race untill he left off the spray. we took it to 120mph.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lKzDYz9BJ5M

here is my r/t destroying a bad driver in a bmw z3, he spun bad and must have missed 3rd, i shouldnt have gotten him that bad. i took it to 110mph.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vr0AI9e2fY

and here is the best race of that night, a high 9 sec 383 camaro and a 1st gen. lightning, both on slicks and very heavy spray, the camaro won by a fender @170mph!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gZqkukRGtw

the night before i didnt have the camera so i guess it doesnt count, but i ran a 03' cobra with an exhaust and hung door to door at 130mph! here is the cobra

look forward to meeting you guys and enjoying the addiction.

more videos to come, port huron, flint, east side detroit.

Last edited by 2.2viper; 07-20-2008 at 05:39 PM.
2.2viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #2
2.2viper

the spot

the 9 sec camaro, 10 sec s10 and 11 sec cobra, the lightning showed up later.

here is the power plant in my r/t, just fired it up from a 3 year coma 5/23/08!

still need to get the red r/t hood with correct vac diagram decal.

during the resurection, warped head and split radiator.

and one of my 66' pontiac 4 door starchief, 389bb, all stock, 43k original miles, just a add paint and rims cruiser.

Last edited by 2.2viper; 07-20-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
orangejuiced86
Grinding gears!

orangejuiced86 I need rep points!

Welcome! thats actually a 9 sec s10 and a mustang gt.
Unread 07-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #4
johnquick302

johnquick302 is a positive contributor

170mph? cmon you cant think somebody will beleive that. if they are going 170 they are alot faster than 9sec. and they dont look like 9sec cars to me anyways. sounds like you come from exceed. lol
johnquick302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2008, 06:14 PM   #5
Boomer!
Infraction Jackson !!!!!!

Location: Wandering my empty garage moving parts 10' at a time
Boomer! I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnquick302
170mph? cmon you cant think somebody will beleive that. if they are going 170 they are alot faster than 9sec. and they dont look like 9sec cars to me anyways. sounds like you come from exceed. lol
LOL. maybe they were racing the 1/2 mile

HOOC'd on Foniks wurkt foor me
Boomer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
2.2viper

thanks for the welcome, orangedjuiced86. do you know the owner of that s10? i dont know much about it besides i heard it was 10sec and it is almost all fiberglass.

john,
they both said they went to 170mph and they both said the camaro got him by a fender and yes obviously they went past the 1/4 mile mark (bottom of the hill) and didnt let off it until it started to go down hill. i trap between 100-107mph but i usually race till 120mph+ out there just to see what happens after the 1/4. we know where the mark is but its interesting to see what happens.

trust me the camaro has ran high 9's and they said the lightning was low 10's and it hung with the camaro on less than usual nos.

and no, i have 6 posts on xceed and over 2800 on turbododge.com i am not a ricer, i have never owned a import, only 30+ turbo mopars and yes i have gone fast before. i had a gutted turbo omni on 150 shot of nos and ran 11.89 @118mph.
stephane on there has a shelby charger 16v powered drag car that ran a best of 7.99 @181, here is a vid of his 8.13@173 run http://youtube.com/watch?v=H8cR16QMcb4
Unread 07-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #7
johnquick302

do you know the owners of the cars? do they want to race
Unread 07-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #8
Instigator
POHO's finest Redneck

Instigator I need rep points!

the camaro does not have a 300 shot on it and it does not run 9s
i know all them guys and go to the track w/ them and that red truck has a fiberglass Hood the rest is metal ... you are 100% wrong on your imfo....170mph...lmao !!!
Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2008, 11:15 PM   #9
Casper302
Cruising graph

Casper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like me

LOL

"these guys dont like to talk about what they got, but he definetely has a kenne bell supercharger, 350+ shot of NOS and some very wide and even taller slicks. its rumored to be very low 10's and the camaro is rumored to be high 9's on max nos of 450 shot!"
Unread 07-21-2008, 01:31 AM   #10
2.2viper

john: come on out and see if they want to race. i dont know any of them personally, i do know the name of the guy who owns the copper mustang and have bought tires from him, i have spoke to lidio and some of his crew, even raced one and i do know the younger guys that hype up all the big races.

77ford: from the looks of your avatar, you do know the owners. i never claimed to be even 75% accurate, i am just giving some pics and vids to the boards with the only info i have, which is from the mouths of the owners and the guys that hype it up.

everybody else: the owner of the camaro said he beat the lightning by a fender @170, is he a bullshitter? i dont know, i dont know him except he looked stoked when he got back and jumped out. watch the video again and count the sec. at the bottom from the time they launch untill the time they let off....15sec! did they go past the 1/4 mark or are they just 15 sec v8's that i can go stomp on with my near stock 4 banger???

you guys are some tough critics, but i can take the heat! some of you guys need more ass in your life, i am just trying to share some vids and pics, advertise for PH, hopefully draw out a bigger crowd, find some new hang outs near my new location and take some names for when i port and go methanol injection with 35psi.
Unread 07-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #11
Instigator
POHO's finest Redneck

Instigator I need rep points!

2.2 you on crack ? you counted to 15 ? but you post they were 170 mph... LOL
i know the best times at the track of the Red S10, Green Camaro, White Lightning, yes they all run damn good but not 170mph good !!
Instigator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2008, 10:00 AM   #12
BigWheelinBubba

BigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributor

Unread 07-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #13
johnquick302

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2viper
john: come on out and see if they want to race. i dont know any of them personally, i do know the name of the guy who owns the copper mustang and have bought tires from him, i have spoke to lidio and some of his crew, even raced one and i do know the younger guys that hype up all the big races.

77ford: from the looks of your avatar, you do know the owners. i never claimed to be even 75% accurate, i am just giving some pics and vids to the boards with the only info i have, which is from the mouths of the owners and the guys that hype it up.

everybody else: the owner of the camaro said he beat the lightning by a fender @170, is he a bullshitter? i dont know, i dont know him except he looked stoked when he got back and jumped out. watch the video again and count the sec. at the bottom from the time they launch untill the time they let off....15sec! did they go past the 1/4 mark or are they just 15 sec v8's that i can go stomp on with my near stock 4 banger???

you guys are some tough critics, but i can take the heat! some of you guys need more ass in your life, i am just trying to share some vids and pics, advertise for PH, hopefully draw out a bigger crowd, find some new hang outs near my new location and take some names for when i port and go methanol injection with 35psi.
not a tough critic but will call out a bullshitter when i see one.
Unread 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #14
2.2viper

so what are you trying to say, those cars wont go 170mph or cant get going that fast in 15 seconds??? my car will top out pretty close to that and it has its stock 3.85 gearing.

john: i'm not trying to bullshit anyone, what i heard from the people involved might have been bullshit, so maybe i should have just posted the video with no comment and let you guys argue over it.

why are you guys so shy to post real times??? its not like any of you are running 8's or better, just 9-12 sec cars, there is always somebody thats faster.
Unread 07-21-2008, 07:57 PM   #15
Casper302
Cruising graph

Casper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like meCasper302 people like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.2viper
so what are you trying to say, those cars wont go 170mph or cant get going that fast in 15 seconds??? my car will top out pretty close to that and it has its stock 3.85 gearing.

john: i'm not trying to bullshit anyone, what i heard from the people involved might have been bullshit, so maybe i should have just posted the video with no comment and let you guys argue over it.

why are you guys so shy to post real times??? its not like any of you are running 8's or better, just 9-12 sec cars, there is always somebody thats faster.

Now that's funny.