Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > RSS NewsFeeds > Gone Drag Racing

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
NewsBot

NewsBot I need rep points!
Default Racing Community Loses a Great Friend, Mike Romeo

Share/Bookmark

It is with heavy hearts that we once again have to announce the passing of a great friend of ours from the racing community. *Today, we lost our friend Mike Romeo, who battled severe injuries from a car accident in Bucks County *for almost two days until ultimately losing the battle and passing on.

Mike was hands down one of the nicest people we had ever met, always wearing an infectious smile at the track whether win or lose. *He was often found not in his own pits, but in others’, helping out his friends or any racer in need. Mike had numerous track championships under his belt in the 10.0 Index class with his trademark Camaro, and also dabbled in 8.50 Index in the past until joining it full time in 2012. *Mike is currently the points leader in 8.50 Index at Atco Raceway.

On a personal level, Mike was one of the racers at the track that always brightened my day, making it worth it to travel each weekend to cover heads up races. Always with a smile on his face whether he was going rounds or knocked out early (a rare occurrence), I am going to miss him dearly both on the track and off and will miss seeing the smile on his face during each and every launch through my camera.

We wish our deepest sympathies to the entire Romeo family during this tough time. *A support fund has been created by Harry Gerb from H&J Motorsports, please click here for info.

Funeral Info

(Funeral details are what we have as of Thursday, August 9th 11PM – final details should be in the Bucks County Courier Times Obituary section on Friday)

The funeral will be on Tuesday, August 14th at St Vincent de Paul Church on Hatboro Road in Richboro, PA, opening at 9:15AM and service beginning at 11:30AM.

Address: 654 Hatboro Road, Richboro, PA 18954

Burial will be at Sunset Memorial Park in Huntingdon Valley.

Address: 333 County Line Road, Feasterville, PA 19053

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote