Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > Technical Discussion > The Shop

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 03-07-2005, 10:42 PM   #1
357windsor
Drowning in trans fluid

357windsor I need rep points!
Default Wheel Question

Does anybody know if Ford or Chrysler ever made a 15x8 steel wheel. Looking for a couple steel wheels for a project. Was gonna have some widened, but if I can get some already that size I'm good. Thanks for the help guys!
357windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2005, 10:51 PM   #2
Strtracer
Retired

Strtracer will become famous soon enoughStrtracer will become famous soon enough

What bolt pattern, 4 or 5 lug. The Magnum 500 rim was available in a 15x8 for the ford 4.5x5, but If your looking for a low cost alternative to aluminum wheels, this probably isnt help. Nice originals go for good money, and repops are as much as a low cost aluminum. Same rim should be available for the Mopar. I had a set of steel 15x8's on my old cop car, but I dont know what the bolt circle was. Car was a St. Regis-1980

Last edited by Strtracer; 03-07-2005 at 10:57 PM.
Strtracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2005, 08:01 AM   #3
BigWheelinBubba

BigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strtracer
What bolt pattern, 4 or 5 lug. The Magnum 500 rim was available in a 15x8 for the ford 4.5x5, but If your looking for a low cost alternative to aluminum wheels, this probably isnt help. Nice originals go for good money, and repops are as much as a low cost aluminum. Same rim should be available for the Mopar. I had a set of steel 15x8's on my old cop car, but I dont know what the bolt circle was. Car was a St. Regis-1980
I'm pretty sure the pattern is 5X4.5 on both the Mopar and Ford. And as Mike said cop car rims are around if you look hard enough.
Unread 03-08-2005, 08:46 AM   #4
357windsor
Drowning in trans fluid

Default Question

I was looking for 5 lug (5 x 4 1/2). I'll check the yards out here. One more question-on a 15 x 8 rim isn't backspacing supposed to be 5" for a Mustang.(Mine is a 82)
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:26 AM   #5
BigWheelinBubba

BigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357windsor
I was looking for 5 lug (5 x 4 1/2). I'll check the yards out here. One more question-on a 15 x 8 rim isn't backspacing supposed to be 5" for a Mustang.(Mine is a 82)
Mine is 5.5 but a 4.5 will make the lip deeper and the rim stick out a little more.
Unread 03-20-2005, 08:05 AM   #6
357windsor
Drowning in trans fluid

Thanks guys for the help!