Register FAQ/Rules Image Hosting Members List Calendar Forum Home

Go Back   Detroit Racing Forums > General Discussion > The Gym

» Sponsors
Support Our Sponsors
Unread 03-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #1
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me
Thumbs up Awwwww yeah!!!!

I thought I posted a fitness thread over here, but I guess I was wrong. Anyways, here is it now.

On December 24th at like 3:00 in afternoon I decided to make a big change and turn my body inside out. All through the holiday season I didn't eat any cookies, desserts, sweets, etc. And since then I got a membership to Powerhouse at 14 and Hayes and have been training 4-6 days a week, for 1.5-2.5 hours each visit.

My diet basically consists of boneless skinless chicken breats (little to no seasoning and either grilled or on the George Foreman) and Tuna Fish. (no mayo, miracle whip, seasoning...anything. Just squeezed dry and right out of the can). I also eat lots of greens and little to no fruit. (lots of sugar in fruit) I am drinking a gallon+ of water a day and physically punishing my body every chance I get.

The result...

22lbs of fat GONE!!! And plenty more muscle put on/firmed up!!!

Stomach is looking pretty flat. Chest and arm measurements are getting even bigger. Calves and thighs have gone up slightly in size, but are almost as lean as when I was 185lbs and training really hard. They are hard as a rock. My face is getting thin as hell, too. I still have to keep crunching away at the abs to get rid of the slight love handles I still have. I have upped all of my workouts and cardio. I no longer do the eliptical machine for 30 minutes for my cardio. Now I do the stair climber (not the one that looks like an escaltor) for 30+ minutes at level 7-10. Talk about a miserable and sweaty 30 minutes!!

Here's a pic of where I was at a couple months back. **Pic taken at Frankenmuth on January 29th** I looked like a chipmunk hiding acorns in my cheeks.

Like I said, just an update. How is everyone else doing? I know Chuck was trying to drop some weight. Anyone else doing anything to improve their health/appearence?

**See the lowest line in my sig for my latest inspiring quote**

Low, Loud, and "Stormtroopered"...and slow.
MPH.cc / Team MPH
Crazzy_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 12:47 PM   #2
BigWheelinBubba

BigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributorBigWheelinBubba major contributor

Good job Al!!!

I hope one day I can be half the pimp you are
BigWheelinBubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
silverknight
SLO = Shitty Low Output

silverknight I need rep points!

i cut pop, and sweets out of my diet. and usually have shakes for breakfast and eat more veggies and smaller portions.. i think ive been on diet for like 2 or 3 weeks and lost 5 lbs. takin pop out made the biggest difference in how i am feeling my stomach and esophagus feels lots better. i used to drink close to 2l of pop a day.

White 93 Ford Taurus SHO ATX - 108k - kinda stock

Blue 62 Caddy Sedan De'Ville - FOR SALE $2000firm
silverknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 12:55 PM   #4
1Quick88
Supporting Member

1Quick88 I need rep points!

Im going to start working out a bit more and trying to be a little more healthy. I was drinking 5-6 cans of pop a day @ work and then 1-2 more once i got home. I completly quit drinking pop and have done so for a week today. Also going to start running every other day. Also going to start doing some pushups and sit ups and other excercises at home as well. We'll so how it goes

88 Camaro - 400sbc w/ TH350 Trans
1Quick88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:06 PM   #5
Joe5.0
Co-bah-ras & Chicks Mix rules!

Joe5.0 I need rep points!

I dont plan on changing my diet at all, because I cant really gain weight even eating as much and as unhealthy as I do. But, now that it warmer I'm gonna start going running & do some weight lifting to get toned up. I just want a "beach body" meaning I can be happy when I go shirtless in the summer. Plus, I'm sure my gf wouldnt mind if I had a bit more muscle.

Nice job Al, that kind of change takes a pretty strong will.

2003 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S -------- 14.0 @ 98.8 mph --- 218whp - 206wtq
6 Speed w/LSD ~ 19" Chrome Zenetti's w/Pirelli rubber ~ H&R Sports w/Tokico Illumina's ~ Lightweight 17's w/BFG DR's ~ Comptech Intake ~ JL 13W7 & 1000.1 Amp

Pics & Vids
Joe5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #6
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Crazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like meCrazzy_Al people like me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheelinBubba
Good job Al!!!

I hope one day I can be half the pimp you are
It's a tough job, but I do what I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight
i cut pop, and sweets out of my diet. and usually have shakes for breakfast and eat more veggies and smaller portions.. i think ive been on diet for like 2 or 3 weeks and lost 5 lbs. takin pop out made the biggest difference in how i am feeling my stomach and esophagus feels lots better. i used to drink close to 2l of pop a day.
Diet is the biggest contributing factor in losing fat/gaining muscle. You can eat junk food and shit that's bad for you and lift 5 hours a day, 7 days a week and never look like a guy who trains a 1/3 as hard as that but eats great! Keep at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Quick88
Im going to start working out a bit more and trying to be a little more healthy. I was drinking 5-6 cans of pop a day @ work and then 1-2 more once i got home. I completly quit drinking pop and have done so for a week today. Also going to start running every other day. Also going to start doing some pushups and sit ups and other excercises at home as well. We'll so how it goes
A guy your build needs to lift (as heavy as possible) and eat good carbs and protein. But yeah, pop is basically a 12oz can of liquid fat and shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5.0
I dont plan on changing my diet at all, because I cant really gain weight even eating as much and as unhealthy as I do. But, now that it warmer I'm gonna start going running & do some weight lifting to get toned up. I just want a "beach body" meaning I can be happy when I go shirtless in the summer. Plus, I'm sure my gf wouldnt mind if I had a bit more muscle.

Nice job Al, that kind of change takes a pretty strong will.
My goal is to flip sewer lids like quarters, and have an underwear model's body by summer. Not super cut, but big and very well defined. It's going to take a lot more, and even harder work!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
99SVTAddict
Doesn't play well w/ others

99SVTAddict I need rep points!

Yup, lost 21 lbs now...and like you, some fat replaced with muscle.
Running 2-3 miles a day at lunch (we have our own gym at work) and working out 30 minutes after that. Eating has changed to turkey, fish...lower carbs, more fruit/veggies, 6-8 16oz bottles of water.,..all that good stuff.

Also got my high blood pressure back down to 114/78 and my cholesterol is at 80. I'm diabetic too and my sugar levels are now in the 80-140 range mostly. Before hand it was in the 210 range which is way too high.

This summer when the drinking starts again I will have to (gulp) slow down so I don't go back to bad habits. Then again, having 2 kids will leave me with little choice anyway.

Last edited by 99SVTAddict; 03-29-2006 at 01:47 PM.
99SVTAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:04 PM   #8
357windsor
Drowning in trans fluid

357windsor I need rep points!

Need to get my ass in shape too. Have a couple of wedding coming up. Gonna start by cutting down on the pop intake and working out a few days a week.
357windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:22 PM   #9
99SVTAddict

I will say this...working out NEVER becomes "fun" or "easier". lol.
I hate the beginning of EVERY SINGLE workout...but after 5 minutes on the treadmill it starts getting easier. Then you hit 1 mile and say, well, I've already done 1 might as well finish the 2nd mile...and so on.

Just a matter of getting in the gym and just doing it (Niki commercials here I come).
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #10
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SVTAddict
I will say this...working out NEVER becomes "fun" or "easier". lol.
I hate the beginning of EVERY SINGLE workout...but after 5 minutes on the treadmill it starts getting easier. Then you hit 1 mile and say, well, I've already done 1 might as well finish the 2nd mile...and so on.

Just a matter of getting in the gym and just doing it (Niki commercials here I come).
I couldn't disagree more. I love working out. Every day I go in and see how far I can push myself, how much weight I can throw around, how many calories I can burn, etc. The thing I hate is my diet. While I have grown accustomed to flavorless for that is good for me, I still want for the yummy stuff. But I look at current and old pictures and realize that a protien shake that tastse like sandy ass is just as good.

Few things are better than the feelling you get when you're so swollen and pumped that you can't touch the back of your head. Or even better yet, when it's hard to touch your face. Or when you get down with your last set of bench presses, go to do a push-up and almost fall on your face. Then you go in the locker room, pull the shirt off for a second, check yourself out, throw another shirt on, and head out the gym. Such a great feeling.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
99SVTAddict

I agree to an extent...but like I said, I hate going, but once I'm there and doing it I start feeling good and push myself.

Good for you if you go into the gym and are excited from the start. Not me. Me....I'd rather take a nap. lol.
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #12
lab1702

lab1702 people like melab1702 people like melab1702 people like melab1702 people like melab1702 people like melab1702 people like melab1702 people like melab1702 people like me

I can never seem to find the time

Between work and sleep, I seem to have about 4 hours at home... I don't want to lose any more time that I could be spending taking it easy at home..
lab1702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #13
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99SVTAddict
...Not me. Me....I'd rather take a nap. lol.
I too would love to nap...especially with working 2 jobs.

MPH.cc / Team MPH
Unread 03-29-2006, 03:57 PM   #14
Lisa
This is my title!

Lisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like meLisa people like me

Congrats on the fat droppage guys!
Unread 03-29-2006, 04:15 PM   #15
Crazzy_Al
One man Wrecking Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Congrats on the fat droppage guys!
And muscle gainage.

I keep looking at the pic of myself that I took today. I am a sexy bitch.

MPH.cc / Team MPH