View Single Post
Unread 01-21-2020, 06:13 AM   #8
Jon2smith

Jon2smith I need rep points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttt123 View Post
These pictures are just yummy lol

I feel like lightening is going to strike every time I get within touching distance to this motor :icon107: lol

Getting closer. So quick question, does anyone know off the top of there head what the total height (bottom of oil pan to top of intake) of the 3.4 Porsche engine is? I measured my boxster couple years ago and it was 26"' I will measure the 911 set up tonight to confirm so no worries if not. Waiting for a few parts to come in and this motor will be done and ready to start the swap.

So far my concern is going to be height of this set up. I can swap out intercoolers which would drop it by 1" but I'd really like to keep the 2" (tall stack) cooler under that charger. It will allow me to get closer to my HP/TQ goals. Fabbing up a sheet metal hump/bump in the rear where the soundbars box is doesn't scare me but where the supercharger snout comes toward the rear hood... that's what I'm concerned out. I might need to notch it a little bit. As long as I can re-create the drip edge and close the hood with out it being seen.. I'll be happy. if not.. I'm going to have to think up another option such as shorter oil pan or the shorter intercooler.

Just a heads up, I have just installed a light weight fly wheel (aasco) and performance clutch a couple months ago. Has about 500 miles on it and that will be going up for sell as soon as I stop driving the car and drop the motor. Also the 3.4 motor will be up for sale. Has light weight crank pulley, IPD plenum, and runs great with no issues. Any fair offer... I'd pretty much say "sure, come get it" the exhaust system will be up for sell as well, its not the prettiest but its the best sounding system I've ever heard on a N/A 3.4

Last picture, a friend sent me that picture from facebook(I don't do social media) someone took that of my car at cars and coffee last weekend .. that was cool to see my car pop up online lol so thanks to who ever that was :thumbup:
Could you be a person who cherishes music and sound outputs?
Jon2smith is offline   Reply With Quote