View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2019, 10:07 AM   #1
ttt123
I cant spel

ttt123 I need rep points!
Default my skills cutting up my 911 and making wide body

So I bought a 1999 Porsche 911 about two years ago. I have posted a build thread that details every aspect of the build on a Porsche forum but just came across this wed site and I'm down on woodward in the summer so thought I'd share a few quick pics of the build being that this is a Michigan site and I might run into to some from here on woodward.

I am a self taught back yard mechanic who just loves wrenching on my toys when I have time. I have owned Camaros, mustangs, supras, corvettes a couple porsches and a big hand full of other fun cars. about 4 years ago I bought a boxster and since then... I'm hooked. funnest cars in the world to drive.

My current Porsche is a 1999 911 Carrera. I purchased it from Georgia and had it shipped up here to lapeer. I drove it for the first summer and that following winter I ripped it apart, cust it up and MADE my own steel wide body and body kit for it. Things I did in short.. very short is I made my own molds and parts for side skirts, roof scoop, rear bumper and steel flares. I redid the entire suspension with performance stuff, built my own exhaust system which sounds out of this world, redid the interior to match the paint job I did on it in my two car garage and did some go-fast engine mods as well.

The car is amazing to drive, gets more attention then all my past cars combined lol and I'm just really enjoying it. I would post up a link to the build thread but I'm not sure if this site would allow that so I can pm you a link if anyone is interested. It has had over 40k views and my car has had an article written about and I am currently working with someone on another article (more in depth) for the car.

I would love to do this stuff for a living but as a programmer... I'd be scared to jump industries, I say that just to say... wrench on your cars guys, its the best past time you can have lol

Thanks
Brian
Attached Images

ttt123 is offline   Reply With Quote